I dont know about everyone else but I say Goodbye 2009!! (and Good Riddance) LOL!!! It was a pretty rough year for me but starting a blog positive, enjoying all of the sewing blogs (priceless). I LOVE looking at everyone’s work and tutorials. I dont know anyone who sews, soooo I really enjoy meeting, greeting, and reading all of the bloggers out there!!! Anyways back to what I was saying. New Years Resolutions besides my normal lose weight (lol), I want to in a nutshell sew more as I didnt complete nearly as many projects as I dreamed of:
1. Sew more pants (last year the pant sew along was fun, I learned alot but never finished the pants. Part of the problem was the fabric was white and a little too see thru for me to actually finish them so they became a muslim or I should say a learning experience)
2. I am truly in love with the sheath dress and have 4 of them I want to complete.
3. I want to make a coat.
4. Take a tailoring class which would help me make some blazer style jackets.
5. Take a Quilting class maybe applique. I made my first quilt about 11 years ago. I was really obsessed with it stayed up all night to give it to my sister in law for my new neice. Wish I had a picture of it. It had a cute Teddy Bear appliqued on it.
6. Last but not least BLOG MORE CONSISTENTLY. I am hoping for once a week but 4 times a month I know I can do!!
I’ve had these on my list every since I saw them on the mahogany stylist blog.
I actually started them in 2009 but finished them this year so I am calling them the 1st project 2010. I bought the fabric at G street in August of 2008. They are black with a pale magenta stripe and a faint white stripe. I am not sure of the content but the have a little stretch to them. Now the pictures. This one is without make-up and now you know why I love my MAC!!!
Here is the one with make up, much better.
Finally a side view. My daughter took these pictures which is why I am looking at her funny. We gotta practice more. LOL!
I liked the pattern although I had to take a couple inches off the sides but I believe it is a wide pant pattern. I am gonna make them again and see if I can get rid of those wrinkles. I absolutely love them. I wore them to work already and they were soooo comfortable. I am planning on making a few more. I have cut out another pair using Simplicity 2700. Any help is much appreciated!!!